Anti-Slavery & Anti-Trafficking Policy
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, forced and compulsory labour, and human trafficking whereby individuals are deprived of their freedom and are exploited for commercial or personal gain.
Pasta King (UK) Limited has a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and is committed to developing and adopting proactive methods to prevent acts of slavery and human trafficking from occurring within both its business and supply chain. It expects the same high standards from all its staff, suppliers, contractors and business partners.
Pasta King (UK) Limited is a food manufacturing company supplying meals and serving solutions into various sectors within the UK. As such we work with a range of different suppliers and distribution partners who will each have their own sub-contractors and affiliates.
- Ensure that all staff responsible for recruiting new employees are aware of issues around modern slavery and labour exploitation.
- Source labour only from organisations which hold a license from the Gangmasters Licensing Authority or reputable employment agencies who have adopted policies and procedures to support the prevention of slavery.
- Joined the Stronger Together network at www.stronger2gether.org
- Make our staff aware of the Modern Slavery Act, including its definitions of slavery and human trafficking through media available on the ‘Stronger Together’ website https://stronger2gether.org dedicated to tackling modern slavery in business.
- Commence a review of suppliers to check what arrangements they have in place in relation to slavery within their own business and supply chain.
- Post this policy on our company website to alert customers and suppliers to our approach to modern slavery.
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Pasta King (UK) Limited has taken and is continuing to take, to ensure that modern slavery is not taking place within its business or supply chain.